Terms of Entry
southern ocean art prize conditions of entry 2017. THe Awards:
- 2 Dimensional Award $2000 – painting, drawing, printmaking, watercolour, etc.
- 3 Dimensional Award $2000 – sculpture, metal, glass, stone, wood, assemblage etc.
- Creative Photography Award $2000 - digital & lm photography
- James Leake Local Photography Award $250 - must be resident within Limestone Coast
- Belinda Morgan Memorial Award $1000 - must be resident within Limestone Coast
- Robe District Council ‘Connection to Country’ theme prize $1500 best 2D, 3D, or photography depicting relationship to country.
- Peoples Choice Award $500 - voted by the public
- Youth Peoples Choice Award $300 - voted by the public
- Senior Student $300 - all categories as stated above
- Middle $100 - all categories as stated above
- Primary selection of art supplies - all categories as stated above
2017 IMPORTANT DATES
- Entries close Friday October 27th
- Works can be delivered until the 27th of October between 10am – 5pm @ Robe Visitor Information Centre
- Final Judging Friday 3rd of November
- Exhibition Opening Friday 3rd of November 7pm -10pm
- Exhibition: 3rd of November - 8th of November 10am - 5pm
- Collection of Works 8th November (5pm -7pm) 9th November between 10am - 4pm
- Adult Entries: $20 for one artwork and $35 for two.
- Senior Student Award: $10 per entry or $15 for two. This award is for artist currently enrolled in years11 & 12
- Middle Student Entries: $5 per entry. Only one entry per child. This award is for children in
- years 8 to10
- Primary Student Entries: $2 per entry. Only one entry per child. This award is for children in years reception to 7
All entry fees must be completed with online entry form or accompanied with printed entry form (unless paid via direct deposit) and posted to Art Prize Coordinator:
PO Box 564 Robe SA 5276.
Entry fee can also be paid via direct deposit to:
Southern Ocean Art Prize: BSB: 633000 ACCT: 131043655
Artworks must be delivered to the Robe Visitor Information Centre, Mundy Terrace prior to the
27th of October between 10am - 5pm. No entries after this time will be accepted unless prior arrangements have been made.
2D & Photography: All work must be suitably framed and canvas must be stretched. All works must be able to hang with suitable D-rings or equivalent. No wet work will be accepted. No work will be accepted exceeding 1.7 metres in width and length including the frame.
3D : All work must be dry and suitable for longevity. All clay-work must be red, plaster and concrete must be sealed and not damp. Works must not exceed 1.7m x 1.7m or 30kg in weight. And be able to be lifted by no more then two people. Instructions for set up (if required) must accompany artwork.
Robe District Council ‘Connection to Country’: Works can be 2D, 3D or photography. Award will be given to works that best depicts an artists connection to country. Entries in this category can still be included in the main 2D, 3D & photography awards. Please list on your entry form if you wish for your entry to also be included in this category. Entries who fail to do this will not be considered.
All artwork must be labelled on the back stating price (including commission) the medium, full name of artist and title of work. The Southern Ocean Art Prize reserves the right to refuse to accept or display an entry without being required to give reason. Commission on all sold works
is 20%. All artwork must be original work of the competitor and have been completed within the last two years and has not been entered into the art prize previously. All artists must agree to the reproduction of artworks for any media, marketing or advertising purposes.
security and insurance
S.O.A.P will exercise all reasonable care in the handling and exhibiting of works for the duration of the exhibition however S.O.A.P will not assume any liability for any damage or loss of artworks. It is the responsibility of the artist to insure their artwork against loss or damage during transit and while entered in the art prize. Including date of collection.
DURATION OF THE EXHIBITiON & OPENING NIGHT
The Southern Ocean Art Prize is scheduled to open Friday 3rd of November. Entry on opening night is free to all exhibiting artists. Students entering in the art prize and wishing to attend opening night are allowed to bring one parent/friend to accompany them free of charge.
All artworks for exhibition in the Prize must remain on site until the exhibition closes Wednesday 8th of November at 5pm.
The judges will be appointed at the discretion of the S.O.A.P committee. All entries will be judged according to the following criteria
Creative use of the medium
Expression and technique
Originality of artistic perception and mode of interpretation
The judges will solely determine the prize winning entries and their decision will be final.
collection of works
Unsold entries must be collected November 8th (5pm -7pm) and 9th from (10am – 4pm).
All artists must pick up their own work and be signed out. If the artist is unable to collect their own work, prior arrangements must be made and be in writing. All freight or courier arrangements must be made prior to the exhibition closing for collection at any other time. Works not collected by 4pm on Thursday the 9th of November will be available for collection through the Robe Visitor Information Centre in normal business hours - and will no longer be the responsibility of SOAP.